Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3/4 cup of Buttermilk (you might need a smidge more so keep it nearby)
- 1/4 cup of Cream of Lemoncello or Regular Limoncello
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Salt (I use Coarse Kosher Salt, use 1/4 tsp if using fine salt)
- Handful of Fresh Blackberries (works well with blueberries too)
- 1 Tbsp of Sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9 inch loaf pan, line with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, using an electric whisk, cream together the butter and sugar for one minute, then add the eggs, lemon zest and vanilla and whisk another minute or until the mixture is nice and thick.
3) Add the limoncello along with buttermilk, flour, baking powder and salt and mix until creamy and combined (batter should be thick not pourable, if it's too thick, add a bit more buttermilk).
4) Pour batter into the prepared pan, top with blackberries and sprinkle over one tablespoon of sugar. Bake for about an hour or until fully cooked through (stick a bamboo skewer down in the thickest part, if there's no wet batter on it, it's done) allow to cool completely before serving. Best eaten within a day or two of being made, otherwise refrigerate it for up to 4 days.
Report a problem