Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
- 2 9” Premade Pie Crusts
- 6 cups of Fresh Blueberries
- ⅔ cup of Sugar
- ¼ cup of Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of Lemon Zest
- ½ tsp of Cinnamon
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- Egg Wash, one egg beaten with about 1Tbsp of water or milk
- Raw Sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Butter a 9” pie plate and set aside.
2) Roll out one of the crusts and fit it into the pie plate.
3) In a large bowl, toss the blueberries with the sugar, corn starch, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon, add the mixture into your pie crust.
4) Dot tiny pieces of the butter all over the top.
5) Roll out your second piece of crust, cut out little star shapes and place them all over the top of the pie in any pattern you like.
6) Brush the top crust with the egg wash, sprinkle a little raw sugar on top and pop it in the oven making sure to place it on the bottom rack.
7) Allow the pie to bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
8) Allow the pie to cool completely before serving.