Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds of Mild Pork Sausage, cut each sausage in half
- 1 Leek or a Few Small Baby Leeks, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Stalk of Celery, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 28oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 1 Sprig of Thyme
- 1/2 cup of Red Wine
- A few leaves of Fresh Basil
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) In a large pot add the olive oil and preheat it over medium high heat, add the sausages and cook them until they turn golden brown on all sides, remove to a plate.
2) Add the leeks, carrots, celery and garlic, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook them for about 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
3) Add the wine and cook it for about 1 minute. Add the crushed tomatoes, thyme and rosemary and bring to boil, add the sausages back in, turn the heat down to medium low, partially cover the pot with a lid and cook the sauce for about 1 hour.
4) Remove the lid, turn the heat up to medium high, season the sauce with salt and pepper, add the basil and serve!
5) Serve the sausages over polenta and enjoy!
Report a problem