Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds of Mild Pork Sausage, cut each sausage in half
- 1 Leek or a Few Small Baby Leeks, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Stalk of Celery, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 28oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 1 Sprig of Thyme
- 1/2 cup of Red Wine
- A few leaves of Fresh Basil
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) In a large pot add the olive oil and preheat it over medium high heat, add the sausages and cook them until they turn golden brown on all sides, remove to a plate.
2) Add the leeks, carrots, celery and garlic, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook them for about 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
3) Add the wine and cook it for about 1 minute. Add the crushed tomatoes, thyme and rosemary and bring to boil, add the sausages back in, turn the heat down to medium low, partially cover the pot with a lid and cook the sauce for about 1 hour.
4) Remove the lid, turn the heat up to medium high, season the sauce with salt and pepper, add the basil and serve!
5) Serve the sausages over polenta and enjoy!