Cook time20 minutes
For the beans:
- 1/2 Small Yellow Onion, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 cups of Cooked Black Beans (or a 14 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1/4 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Cumin
- 1/4 tsp of Oregano
- 1/2 tsp of Chicken Bullion Powder, optional
- Fresh Cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Hot sauce
- Tortillas of choice
1) In a small saucepan, add the oil, onion and jalapeno, cook for a few minutes on medium heat or until translucent, add the beans, spices, tomato sauce and water, bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
2) Once the beans are nice and thick, stir in some cilantro and season with salt, meanwhile toast your tortillas and scramble your eggs.
3) To serve, add a scoop of beans along with some of the eggs, followed by the avocado, some lime and hot sauce.
NOTE: The amount of beans makes enough to make about a dozen tacos (you need just a spoonful per taco) and I average about 3 eggs for 4 tacos.
Report a problem