Cook time45 minutes
- 2 cups of Cubed Butternut Squash
- 2 Shallots, quartered
- 1 Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil, separated
- Few Sprigs of Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1 cup of Veggie or Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 3oz of Prosciutto
- 1lb of Rigatoni
- 4oz of Freshly Grated Pepper Jack Cheese
- Handful of Grated Parm
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, very thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp of Pine Nuts
- About 10 Leaves of Fresh Sage
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. In a small baking pan, add the squash, thyme, shallots, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and one tablespoon of olive oil, toss and roast for about 20 minutes or until tender. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the prosciutto on and roast until crispy, remove to cool (this will take about 10 minutes alongside the squash so keep an eye out).
2) To make the crispy garlic, to a small skillet, add the olive oil, garlic and pine nuts and cook until golden brown and crispy, remove to a paper towel lined plate then add the sage leaves and cook until crispy, this takes seconds so donâ€™t walk away. Remove those to a paper towel lined plate as well and set aside. At this point, the squash should be ready, add it to a blender with about half cup of the boiling water and blend until smooth, set aside.
3) At this point add the pasta to the boiling water and move onto the sauce. To a large skillet or shallow dutch oven, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, garlic, parsley and hot pepper flakes, sauté until fragrant, then add the wine, reduce by half, add the pureed squash, stock and cream, let it simmer for about 8 minutes while the pasta cooks, then add the drained pasta in the sauce, cook all together for a couple minutes, then top with the cheeses and cover so the cheese melts.
4) Top the pasta with the crispy prosciutto, garlic, pine nuts, sage and extra parm!
Report a problem