Cook time20 minutes
- 12 oz of Fettuccine Pasta
- 8 oz of Chicken Breast, cut into chunks
- 8 oz of Andouille or Chicken sausage, sliced into coins
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell peppers, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Cajun Seasoning
- 3/4 cup of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Grated Parm
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet or shallow dutch oven, add just a drizzle of oil, preheat between medium and medium-high, once hot, add the sausage and cook until browned, remove from the pan and set aside.
3) Add another drizzle of the oil, then add the chicken along with some of the cajun seasoning, cook until browned all over, remove to a plate and set aside as well.
4) Add the last drizzle of oil, add in the onions, peppers and garlic along with a touch more seasoning, saute for a few minutes until they soften and develop a bit of color, then add the chicken and sausage back in, this is the time to add the pasta in the boiling water.
5) Add the stock and cream to the veggies and chicken, keep simmering on low until the pasta is ready, when the pasta is ready, tong it directly into the sauce along with a splash of the cooking water, a heavy grating of fresh parm and parsley, cook all together for a minute or two, adjust seasoning with a bit of salt if needed, then let it sit for a few minutes and serve!
Report a problem