Cook time20 minutes
- 12 oz of Calamari Ring Shaped Pasta
- 1 lb of Squid (calamari), cut into rings
- 24 oz of Passata
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- ½ cup of White Wine
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in a good pinch of salt.
2) In a large skillet with high sides over medium heat, add the oil and garlic and let it come to temperature together and cook it long enough for the garlic to become fragrant and lightly golden, add the hot pepper flakes and mix for a couple seconds.
3) Add the wine and allow it to reduce by half.
4) Add the passata, season with some salt and pepper and partially cover the skillet with a lid and let the sauce cook for about 20 minutes.
5) After 10 minutes from when you added the passata, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions, drain well.
6) Add the calamari to the sauce and place a lid back on, increase the heat up to medium high and cook the calamari for about 3 to 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Taste the sauce and adjust it for seasoning.
7) Add the pasta to the sauce, stir well and add the parsley. Serve immediately!
Report a problem