Cook time minutes
ServingsMakes Enough for 4 Apples
- 1 cup of Sugar
- ¼ cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup of Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Red Food Coloring, optional
- 4 Granny Smith Apples
- 4 Popsicle Sticks
1) Wash and dry your apples, insert 1 popsicle stick in the center of each apple and set aside.
2) Lay a baking sheet with parchment paper and using vegetable oil grease it well. Set it aside.
3) In a sauce pan add the first 5 ingredients, stir to mix. Turn the heat on (never stir when the candy mixture is cooking only swirl the pan) cook over medium low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the mixture comes to 275 degrees when tested with a candied thermometer.
4) Carefully and quickly tilt your saucepan so all of the sugar mixture is on one side, and dip you apples in making sure to swirl it around to coat. Place the apples onto the greased parchment paper lined baking sheet and let it set until the candy hardens.