Cook time minutes
- 6 Ripe Tomatoes (preferably new jersey beefsteaks), cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 1 Pound Fresh Mozzarella, cut into same number of slices as the tomatoes
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Lots of Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1) Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into ¼ to ½ inch slices.
2) Alternate the tomato ,fresh basil and mozzarella slices, overlapping slightly on one or two large platters. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately with crusty Italian bread.
Note: This salad tastes best when it is not refrigerated, serve immediately