Cook time45 minutes
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Caramel Sauce
- 16 Buttermilk Biscuits
- 3/4 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar mixed with 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan with some non stick spray and set aside.
2) Add the apples to a saucepan, cook them over medium heat until they have softened quite a bit, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3) Remove the apples from the pan (discarding extra liquid that remained in the pan) stir the flour and caramel sauce with the apples, pop them in the fridge to cool.
4) Cut each biscuit in half, flatten out each piece, add a small bit of the caramel apple mixture and close the biscuit around it.
5) Coat each piece in the cinnamon sugar and place it in the prepared pan. Continue with the remaining filling and set aside.
6) In the same saucepan you cooked the apples in (make sure there is no liquid in the pan) add the butter and brown sugar and cook together over medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves (stirring constantly).
7) Pour the brown sugar mixture evenly over the biscuits and bake the monkey bread for 35 minutes or until the top is a lovely deep golden brown.
8) Allow the monkey bread to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature after baking before inverting it on a platter. Eat warm!
Report a problem