Cook time minutes
ServingsMakes About 2 Cups
- 1 cup of Granulated sugar
- ½ cup of Water
- ¾ cup of Heavy Cream, warmed slightly, either in a small saucepan or microwave
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) In a large non stick sauce pan combine the sugar and water, cook over medium low heat until the sugar dissolves without stirring ever! Just swirl the pan around. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat to medium high and let it bubble away until it turns a deep amber color, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2) Turn the heat down to low at this point and add the warm heavy cream slowly. Be careful because it will bubble vigorously. Keep whisking until everything is combined and turn the heat off.
3) Add the butter, salt and vanilla and whisk in until the butter melts. Set aside to cool completely.
Report a problem