Cook time25 minutes
ServingsServes 4-6 as an app
- 2 Large Onions, thinly sliced
- 5 Strips of Bacon, diced
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp or so of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Dry Parsley
- 1/2 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 cup of Shredded Gryere Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook until crispy, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2) If your bacon rendered out 2 tablespoons of fat, leave in the pan but if it rendered out more than that, discard and leave behind 2 tablespoons If your bacon didnít render out much fat, add about 2 tablespoons of oil.
3) Add the onions to the hot skillet, reduce the heat to medium-low, sprinkle the sugar over the onions and cook the onions for about 10 to 15 minutes or until they have caramelized really well.
4) Add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds, add the cream cheese and mix it in well.
5) Add the sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, dry parsley, cooked bacon, salt and pepper and cook everything together for about a minute.
6)Add the mixture to an oven safe small shallow dish, sprinkle the cheese over the top and pop it under the broiler until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
7) Serve with some sliced baguette and enjoy!
Report a problem