Cook time30 minutes
ServingsServes 8 as a starter or first course
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 lb of Diced Butternut Squash
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 5 oz of Pancetta, diced
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Sage
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb of Spaghetti
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
1) Fill a pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet, add the oil, preheat it over medium-high heat and cook the squash for about 10 minutes, after that, add the onion along with a good pinch of salt and pepper and cook for about 5 more minutes on medium heat.
3) Remove the squash and onion mixture to a plate and in the same hot skillet, add the pancetta and sage and cook until they become nice and crispy.
4) If the pancetta rendered too much fat, remove it and discard it. Add the squash and onion mixture in the pan with the pancetta and set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, parm, salt and pepper and set that aside as well.
5) Add the spaghetti to the boiling water at this point, cook according to package instructions and before you drain it, reserve about 1/4 cup of the starchy cooking water.
6) Once the spaghetti is cooked and drained, add it to the big pan with the pancetta mixture, then temper the eggs by whisking in the starchy cooking water, add it to the pasta along with some more grated parm and fresh parsley and toss together to coat well, serve right away!
Report a problem