Cook time15 minutes
- 1lb of Thinly Pounded Sirloin
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 cup of Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup of Crushed Tomatoes
- Heavy Pinch of Italian Oregano, about 1 tsp (crush it between your fingers as you add it)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Basil
1) Season both sides of the beef on both sides with some salt, very quickly sear it in a medium skillet for about 15 seconds per side (with the tiniest drizzle of olive oil) , remove to a plate and set aside.
2) To the same skillet, add the olive oil and garlic, saute until the garlic becomes fragrant, then add the cherry tomatoes, cook a couple minutes then add the crushed tomatoes along with the oregano and a pinch of salt, cover and simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
3) Add the seared beef to the sauce, simmer just a minute then add the basil and serve!
NOTE: if you're using a cheaper cup such as rump or braciole steaks, they will need to simmer for at least an hour or until tender, either way, quick cooking or low simmer, it's spectacular!
Report a problem