Cook time25 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
For the Marinade:
- 2lb Flank Steak, pounded a bit thinner or skirt steak (my fav)
- Juice of 1 Orange
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeno, chopped
- Handful of Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, smashed
- Pinch of Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- About 1lb of Tomatillos
- 1 Jalapeno, halved
- 1 Small Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- Few cloves of Garlic, smashed and peeled
- Handful of Cilantro
- Squeeze of One Lime
- Chicken Bouillon Powder to taste
1) Start by making the marinade, season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides, place it in a container just big enough to hold it all together but tightly so the meat is covered in the marinade, set aside.
2) In a measuring cup, whisk together the lime juice, orange juice and olive oil, pour over the meat and tuck the cilantro, jalapeņo and garlic around the meat, cover, refrigerate and marinade for at least a couple hours.
3) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. To make the salsa verde, roast the tomatillos in a dry cast iron skillet on the stove top until they char on both sides, this will just take a few minutes, then add the onion, garlic and jalapeņo, pop the whole thing in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
4) Add the tomatillo mixture to a blender along with the cilantro, lime and about 2 tbsp of water (or more depending on the texture) and salt, puree until smooth, then pour in a jar, cover and refrigerate until ready.
5) Grill the steak to your preference, slice, add to charred tortillas, top with desired toppings and some salsa verde.
Report a problem