Cook time25 minutes
ServingsMakes 36 small pieces
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ cup of Vegetable Oil
- 3 cups of Shredded Carrots (about 5 large carrots)
- 2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 2 Tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the Frosting:
- 6 ounces of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Zest of Half of an Orange
- 2 ¼ cup of Confectioner Sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray a 15X10X1inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with some parchment paper, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice, set aside.
3) In a small bowl, add the shredded carrots and a half a cup of the dry ingredients, mix to make sure all the carrots are coated in the dry mixture.
4) In another bowl, mix together the oil, sugars, apple sauce, vanilla and eggs.
5) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to combine. Fold in the shredded carrots.
6) Pour batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested.
7) Allow it to cool completely.
To make the frosting,
8) In a bowl, add the butter, cream cheese, orange zest and vanilla and using a hand held electric whisk, mix together until creamy and well combined.
9) Add the powdered sugar and continue to mix until you have a creamy mixture.
10) Smear the Frosting all over the top of the carrot cake and place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Cut serve and Enjoy!
Report a problem