Cook time10 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
For the Cherries:
- 1-1/2 cups of Pitted Cherries, halved
- 2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Water
- 1 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of Cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp of Water
- 3 cups of Heavy Cream
- 1 14oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups of Semisweet Chocolate Chunks or Chips
1) In a saucepan over medium heat, add the cherries, sugar, lemon and water, bring to a boil, boil for 2 minutes, then add the cornstarch mixture and cook for 2 more minutes or until thickened, remove to a bowl and allow to cool completely.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a handheld electric whisk) whisk the heavy cream and vanilla together until it forms stiff peaks, add the sweetened condensed milk and mix just for a few seconds to incorporate it.
3) Fold in the chocolate chunks, pour into a large container (make sure the container has a tight fitting lid) add the cherry mixture on top and slowly swirl it in, cover and pop in the freezer overnight.
4) When ready to serve, allow it to come to room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften slightly.
Report a problem