Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 of a Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 2 cups of Store Bought Salsa
- 1 14.5 oz can of Black Beans, rinsed
- 8 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1/2 tsp of Oregano
- Salt to taste
1) In a heavy duty pot, add the olive oil and preheat it over medium high heat, add the chicken, season with a pinch of salt and saute until it develops some color, remove to a plate and set aside.
2) In the same pot, add a bit more oil if necessary and add the peppers, onions and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes or until they soften.
3) Add the chicken back in along with the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 45 minutes.
4) Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve with a sprinkle of cheddar and a dollop of sour cream.
Report a problem