Cook time6 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6, as an appetizer
- 1-1/2 lbs of Chicken Tenderloins
- 1-1/2 cups of Buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Celery Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Paprika
- 2 tsp of Granulated Onion
- 2 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- A Few Dashes of Hot Sauce
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
1) In a large bowl, add the chicken and pour the buttermilk and hot sauce over the top, stir around until they are coated and allow it to sit at room temperature for about half an hour.
2) Take the chicken out of the buttermilk and place it in a clean bowl.
3) In a shallow platter, whisk together the flour, celery salt, onion, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
4) Dredge each piece in the flour, repeat the same steps again and place them on a platter to sit for about 15 minutes.
5) Add enough oil in a dutch oven or a cast iron skillet and bring it up to about 350 degrees.
6) Fry the chicken (you might need to do it in batches) and cook the chicken for about 3 to 5 minutes flipping them over as needed until they are golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels and serve right away!
Report a problem