Preparation8 hours 0 minutes
Cook time4 hours 30 minutes
ServingsMakes about 16 cups
- 1 5lb Whole Chicken, giblets removed, washed and patted dry
- Small Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 16 (you can use up to 20 cups) of water
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 2 Stalks of Celery, cut in half
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 tsp of Peppercorns
- A Generous Pinch of Salt
1) In a really large stock pot, add the oil, allow it to get nice and hot over medium-high heat, add the chicken and brown it a bit on both sides.
2) Add the water along with everything else, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 4 and a half hours.
3) Remove the chicken (clean it and save the meat to be used in different dishes) drain it and then add the stock in the fridge overnight.
4) After itís been in the fridge overnight, skim off the fat and store the stock in either the fridge or freezer.
Report a problem