Cook time30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 14 oz can of Diced Tomatoes with Chilis
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- 2 cups of Water
- 1 cup of Milk
- 8 oz of Pasta Shells or any short cut pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar
- 4 Green Onions, chopped (Optional)
- Hot Sauce, optional
1) In a large heavy bottom pot, add the olive oil and preheat it over medium high heat, add the ground beef along with the onion and a small pinch of salt. Cook the mixture for about 5 to 6 minutes or until the ground beef is fully cooked and the onions have developed some color (make sure to break up the ground beef as much as you can using a wooden spoon, add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
2) Add the water, canned tomatoes, milk, chili powder, cumin and oregano, bring mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Add the pasta, adjust the seasoning to taste, cover the pot with a lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
4) Once the pasta is cooked, remove from the heat, stir in the cheese until fully melted along with the sour cream.
5) Serve with some chopped scallions and a few dashes of hot sauce!
Report a problem