Cook time minutes
- ½ lb of Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from the casing
- ½ lb of Ground Beef
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Chili Powder
- 2 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- ¾ cup of Red Wine
- ¾ cup of Beef Stock
- 1 28 oz can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large pot over medium high heat, cook together ground beef and the sausage, add the chopped bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and garlic season with salt and pepper, cook for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the veggies cook down and start to develop some color.
2) Add the wine, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, tomato paste, and oregano and give it a nice stir. Cook for about 1 minute, add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, and beef stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for a couple hours.
3) Taste for seasoning and serve over rice with some sharp cheddar shredded over the top.
Report a problem