Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the Chocolate Cake:
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Sugar
- ½ cup of Cocoa PowderFor the wet:
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup of Vegetable oilFor the Flan:
- 1 14oz can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 14oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4oz of Cream Cheese
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Vanilla Bean, split and seeds removedFor the caramel:
- 1/3 cup of Caramel Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12cup bundt pan really well with non stick spray and place it in a large roasting pan, set aside.
2) To make the cake batter, in a large bowl, whisk together all of your dry ingredients and set aside.
3) In a large measuring jug or just another bowl, whisk together all of your wet ingredients.
4) Pour the wet into the dry, mix to combine well using a hand held electric mixer and set aside.
5) Spoon the caramel sauce into the bottom of your greased bundt pan making sure to cover the bottom well.
6) Add the cake batter on top of the caramel, smooth the top so its nice and even.
7) In a blender, add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, cream cheese eggs, egg yolk and vanilla seeds.
8) Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
9) Pour the flan mixture over the cake batter, cover the whole thing with foil.
10) Pour some really hot water in the roasting dish, enough to come up about an inch from the bottom of the bundlt pan.
11) Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, look to see that the top of the cake is firm.
12) Allow to cool for about an hour, invert it onto a platter and enjoy!
Report a problem