Preparation120 hours 0 minutes
Cook time minutes
- 2 lbs of Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1-1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 14.5oz Can or Jar of Spirited Cherries or Tart Cherries in their juice
- 4 oz Bar of Bittersweet Chocolate, finely chopped
- 16 Cannoli Shells
1) Place a piece of cheesecloth in a strainer and hang it over a bowl, add the ricotta in the cloth line strainer and cover it with a bit more cheese cloth. Place a small plate over the top of the ricotta and weigh it down with a large can of tomatoes or anything heavy.
2) Let it strain in the fridge overnight.
3) Strain the cherries (save the juice for a cocktail) and give them a rough chop, then squeeze the chopped cherries in with your hands to release any juices, set aside in a small bowl.
4) In a large bowl, add the strained ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla, chopped cherries and chopped chocolate, stir everything so itís all well mixed.
5) Add the filling in a large disposable piping bag fitted with a large tip, pipe the mixture in the cannoli shells and sprinkle over some powdered sugar. Serve right away for best tasting cannoli.
Report a problem