Preparation4 hours 0 minutes
Cook time40 minutes
ServingsMakes 16 rolls
For the Dough:
- 2-1/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup of Warm Water, warmed to about 115 degrees
- 3/4 cup of Whole Milk
- 3-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (or 1 package of instant vanilla pudding)
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix, made with whole milk as instructions apply on the package (or see my vanilla pudding mix for more details)
- 8 oz of Milk Chocolate, chopped in a food processor
1) In a small bowl, add the water, yeast one teaspoon of sugar, set aside for the yeast to activate.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the flour, salt, pudding mix, granulated sugar, melted butter, egg and yeast mixture, attach a dough hook and mix on medium speed for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the dough is nice and smooth (will be slightly tacky but thatís ok).
3) Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and allow it to rise until just about double in size, this will take about 2 hours or sometimes even more so donít panic.
4) Meanwhile, make the pudding according to package instructions (or according to my instructions) and pop it in the fridge to cool completely and set.
5) When risen, dump the dough on a lightly floured surface, deflate and with either a rolling pin or your hands, roll it to a 15x9Ē rectangle.
6) Spread the pudding mix evenly over the top leaving about an inch border along one of the long edges, then sprinkle with the chopped chocolate and roll it tightly like a jelly roll.
7) Tuck the seam under the roll, then cut into 16 equal pieces (yes this process is very messy but I promise itís more than worth it) and place them in a greased baking pan.
8) Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow them to rest for about 40 minutes. Meanwhile make sure your oven is preheated to 350 degrees.
9) After 40 minutes, bake the rolls for about 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown on top, allow them to cool slightly before serving.
Report a problem