Cook time20 minutes
- 3 oz of Semisweet Chocolate
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- Ĺ cup of Heavy Cream
- ľ cup of Whole Milk
- ľ tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/8 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) In a large bowl, add the egg and sugar and whisk it until itís a lovely pale color.
2) In a small saucepan, add the cream, and milk and bring to a simmer.
3) Add about Ĺ cup of the cream mixture to the egg mixture and whisk it in.
4) Pour the egg mixture back in the same pot along with the instant espresso and salt.
5) Cook the mixture over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
6) Meanwhile, place the chocolate in a large bowl and set aside.
7) When the custard is ready, add the vanilla and stir it in. Pass the custard through a fine sieve into a large bowl over the chopped chocolate and allow it to sit untouched for about 3 minutes.
8) Combine everything together so itís all smooth. Divide the mixture between two serving cups and cover the top with plastic wrap.
9) Pop them in the fridge to set for minimum of 3 hours but overnight is best.
10) Serve with dollops of freshly whipped cream!
Note: This mixture makes enough for either 2 normal servings or 3 small ones.
Report a problem