Cook time5 minutes
ServingsServes 6 depending on the size of your waffle iron
- 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup of Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- ½ tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 ½ cups of Buttermilk
- ½ cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
1) In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cacao powder, instant espresso and sugar, mix to combine and set aside.
2) In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla for about 1 minute or until well mixed.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and just mix them enough to combine but don’t over mix. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions, lightly grease the waffle maker with either cooking spray or vegetable oil.
5) Cook the waffles according to the directions on the waffle iron. All waffle irons are different so the amount you should add to it and how long you cook it for will vary.
Report a problem