Cook time1 hours 30 minutes
- 4 Sweet Potatoes, roasted in a 350 degree oven until cooked through
- 10 oz of Mexican Style Chorizo (the raw kind that looks like a regular sausage) casing removed
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups of Shredded Pepperjack Cheese
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Chopped Scallions
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Black Pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a large skillet over medium heat, add the chorizo, onions and garlic and cook them for 7 to 8 minutes or until the chorizo is fully cooked through and make sure you break it up as much as you can with a wooden spoon.
4) While the chorizo mixture is cooking, prep your sweet potatoes by cutting them in half lengthwise and scooping out the flesh leaving a little bit around the edges to help keep their shape. Add the potato mixture to a large bowl, mash it with a potato masher and set aside.
5) When the chorizo is ready, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon (try your best not to add any of the fat to the potatoes) add the cilantro, scallions, black pepper and about 1 cup of the cheese, stir it all together and divide the filling in the prepared potato shells.
6) Top them with the remaining cheese and roast them for about 20 minutes or until golden bubbly!
Report a problem