Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the pavlova base:
- 5 Egg Whites at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp of Cornstarch
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Oranges, peeled using a sharp knife and cut into 1/2” slices
- 3 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of Lemon Curd
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream whipped to soft peaks
1) Preheat your oven to 275 degrees, trace a 9” circle using a pencil on a piece of parchment paper, then flip it over (so your batter won’t touch the pencil).
2) In a large bowl using a handheld electric whisk (or using a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment) whip together the egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy, then slowly start adding the sugar and salt and continue to whisk until the egg whites turn a glossy thick white color.
3) Fold the cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla, then add the batter to your prepared baking sheet (in the circle you drew) smooth out the sides and make a small indent in the center, pop it in the oven, bake for 1 hour, then turn the heat off the oven and leave the pavlova in the oven to cool for a few hours or until completely cooled. Meanwhile, once the pavlova is ready and cooled, remove from oven then turn the broiler on, arrange the oranges on a foiled lined baking sheet, sprinkle the brown sugar over the top and pop them in just to melt the sugar, remove, set aside and let them cool.
4) Once the pav has cooled, run a large spatula under it to loosen it, then place it on a serving tray, top with the lemon curd, then the whipped cream and followed by the oranges.
5) Cut and serve right away!
Report a problem