Cook time45 minutes
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Stalks of Celery, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 Small Tomatoes, diced
- 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3-14.5oz cans of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 cups of Veggie Stock
- 1 Bunch of Kale, washed, trimmed and chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 inch Rind of Parm, optional
1) In a heavy duty soup pot, add the olive oil, start preheating over medium heat, add the onions, celery and carrots along with a pinch of salt and allow to saute for about 6 to 8 minutes, stir in the garlic and cook for one more minute.
2) Add the tomatoes, cook for a few minutes, then add the stock, beans and parm rind, bring to a boil, partially cover with a lid, reduce the heat to medium low, simmer for about 20 minutes.
3) Take about 1/3 of the of the soup, add to a blender, blend until smooth, add it back in the soup pot, bring back to a boil, add the kale, cook about 5 minutes, season to taste then serve in a bowl with crusty bread, extra drizzle of good olive oil on top, freshly grated parm and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
Report a problem