Cook time1 hours 35 minutes
Servings6 to 8 as a side dish
- 1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery, chopped
- 8 cups of Fresh Bread Cubes
- 2 tsp of Poultry Seasoning
- About 2 cups (or more) of Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 274 degrees, place the bread cubes on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven. Allow them to dry out for about 45 minutes making sure to toss them around half way though. Increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
2) In a large skillet preheated over medium heat, add the butter and allow it to melt, add the onions and celery along with a pinch of salt and saute for about 5 to 7 minutes or until they cook down a bit.
3) Add the bread cubes in a large bowl along with the cooked veggies, poultry seasoning, black pepper and chicken stock. Give everything a good mix and tumble the mixture in a baking dish.
4) Bake the stuffing for about 30 minutes or until the top is lightly golden brown and crispy at
375 degrees for about 30 minutes.