Cook time15 minutes
- 6 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk or any milk of your choice
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil, melted or you can use melted butter
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
1) In a bowl using a handheld electric whisk, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, set aside.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the coconut oil and almond milk, then add the coconut flour, baking powder and salt and mix those in until combined.
3) Gently fold in the egg whites until thoroughly mixed, then allow the batter to rest for about 5 minutes while you preheat a nonstick skillet over medium low heat.
4) Cook the pancakes in batches (I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to insure that they are all the same size) and if you’d like, once you add the batter to the pan, sprinkle some blueberries over the top. These tend to take about 3 minutes on each side to fully cook so be patient.
5) Serve with some fresh berries on top and some maple syrup and dig in!
Report a problem