Cook time1 hours 10 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
For the cookie base:
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1-1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp of SaltFor the filling:
- 3 (8oz each) packages of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Sour Cream
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees, grease a 9 inch spring form pan with some non-stick spray and wrap the outside with some aluminum foil, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and both kinds of sugar, then add the egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
3) Fold in the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips then take 3/4 of the mixture and press it evenly in your prepared pan, set aside. NOTE: with the remaining cookie dough, make some mini cookies to decorate the top with.
4) In the same bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, whisk the cream cheese for about a minute or so to get it nice and smooth, then add the sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla and whisk for about 2 to 3 minutes (scraping the sides of the bowl periodically) until nice and super smooth and creamy.
5) Pour the mixture over the cookie dough base, pop it in the oven and bake for an hour and 10 minutes. Once the cheesecake has baked, turn the oven off, leave it in the oven for 2 hours then remove from the oven, allow it to come to room temperature and then pop it in the fridge overnight to set completely.
6) Serve with some whipped cream and the mini chocolate chip cookies.
Report a problem