Cook time35 minutes
For the Risotto:
- 4 Ears of Corn
- 8 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Yellow Onion or 3 Shallots, minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 cup of Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped Chives
- 12 Large Scallops, patted dry
- Blackening Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Oil
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
1) In a stock pot, add the stock and the corn cobs and bring to a simmer.
2) In a shallow Dutch oven, add the butter and oil, let it melt over medium heat, then add the shallots and garlic, sauté them for a couple minutes, then add the corn along with a pinch of salt and sauté for 10 minutes.
3) Remove about 1/2 cup of the corn mixture, set it aside, then add the rice, cook while stirring with the corn for about 2 minutes, then deglaze the pan with the wine and cook it until reduced.
4) Once the wine has reduced, cook the risotto adding one ladleful of stock at a time and waiting until the stock cooks out before adding your next ladleful, continue this process until the rice has about 5 minutes left but in the meantime, add the reserved corn and about 1/2 cup of the stock to a blender, blend until smooth and set aside.
5) When the risotto is just about done, instead of adding one last ladleful of stock, add the corn/stock mixture along with a heavy handful of parm, put the lid on and let it sit for 5/10 minutes, meanwhile, cook the scallops.
6) Add the oil and butter to a skillet, preheat over medium high heat until the butter melts and starts to lightly brown around the edges, meanwhile, season both sides of the scallops with some blackened seasoning, add them to the hot skillet, cook undisturbed for 2 minutes, flip, continue cooking for another 2 minutes then finish with a squeeze of lemon.
7) Plate the risotto in a shallow bowl, top with a few scallops and sprinkle over the parsley and chives. Perfection!
Report a problem