Cook time minutes
- 4 oz Fresh Cooked Lump Crab Meat
- 4 Medium Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 tsp of Minced Garlic, divided
- ¼ tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 ½ Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 oz Thinly Sliced Smoked Mozzarella
- ½ Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- ¼ tsp Fresh Grated Lemon Zest
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1) On medium high heat preheat a grill pan. Also preheat your broiler to high.
2) In a medium bowl mix together 1 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp minced garlic, the balsamic vinegar, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper. Toss the mushrooms with the balsamic mixture and set aside for 5 minutes.
3) Place the mushrooms on the hot grill pan for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Meanwhile in a small nonstick skillet on medium heat, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil and add garlic and hot pepper flakes. Let it cook for 30 seconds. Turn the heat off and add the crab, season lightly with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl. Add the chopped parsley and lemon zest to crab mixture and mix to combine.
4) To assemble, place the mushrooms on a foil lined baking sheet and scoop a spoonful of the crab mixture into each mushroom. Top each mushrooms with 1 thin slice of the smoked mozzarella.
5) Place the mushrooms under the preheated broiler until the cheese melts. (Keep an eye on it because the cheese can burn within seconds. Do not walk away form your oven)
6) Once the cheese has melted top each one with a sprig of parsley and serve immediately!
If you think you don’t like mushrooms, try these and I promise that you will change your mind!
Report a problem