Cook time minutes
- 2 Unbaked 9” pie crusts
- 3/4 cup of Sugar
- ¼ cup of Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup of Water
- 2/3 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup of Honey
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 2 cups of Slivered Almonds
- Zest of ¼ Small Orange
- ½ cup of Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- Egg Wash, (1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
- Coarse Sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll one of the pie crust to about 10 and half inches and place it in the bottom of a 9” tart pan with a removable bottom and set aside.
2) In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the sugar, butter and water, bring to a boil. Cook for about 7 minutes or until the mixture turns an amber color.
3) Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the cream, return to the heat and add in the honey, cranberries, almonds, orange and salt, stir until everything is smooth and combined. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
4) Pour this mixture in the prepared part pan and set aside.
5) Roll the other pie crust to about 10 inch circle, place it over the filling and seal the edges with the bottom crust. Brush with the eggwash and sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
6) Bake for about 25 to 28 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool completely before serving.