Cook time40 minutes
- 4 Bone-in Skin On Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp of Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 Shallots, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup of Chicken stock
- 1 or 2 Tbsp of Honey
- 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice of 2 Clementines or 1/2 of an Orange
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 cup of Fresh Cranberries
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and seasoning, set aside.
2) In a cast iron skillet, add the olive oil, allow to preheat over medium-high heat, then add the chicken skin side down, and sear until deeply gorgeous on both sides, then remove to a plate, add the shallots cut side down and sear them for a few seconds then take those out too and discard any fat from the skillet.
3) In a small measuring cup, add the stock, vinegar, honey, orange, salt and pepper, stir to combine, taste and adjust to taste (you might want it a bit sweeter, add more honey or more tart so you'd add more vinegar).
4) Add the chicken back in the skillet, skin side up, pour the sauce around the edges, scatter the cranberries and rosemary around the chicken then pop it in the oven to cook for about 25 minutes. Serve with a creamy mash or rice to soak up those delicious juices.
Report a problem