Cook time20 minutes
For the filling:
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the muffin batter:
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup of Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the topping:
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Flour
- 5 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line a 12 piece muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2) To make the filling, in a bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth, set it aside.
3) To make the batter, in a large bowl, using a handheld electric whisk (donít bother washing the cream cheese off the beaters) whisk together the vegetable oil, milk, pumpkin puree, sugar and vanilla until really smooth, then add all of the dry ingredients, continue to mix until smooth and set that aside as well and make the topping.
4) In a bowl, using a hand held pastry cutter, mix together all of the ingredients for the topping until the mixture resembles a rough crumble.
5) To fill each muffin, using a large ice cream scoop, add half of a scoop of batter to the bottom, then fill in with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture, cover that with another half scoop of the batter and followed by a generous sprinkle of the topping (and if you like, a light sprinkle of raw sugar).
6) Bake them for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked through, then let them cool a bit before serving.
Report a problem