Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 1 lb of Chicken Breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 oz of Cremini Mushrooms, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 6 cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups of Milk
- Few Sprigs of Thyme
- Drizzle of Light Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Wild Rice or a Wild Rice and Long Grain Rice mix
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a heavy bottomed pot, add a drizzle of oil, allow it to get nice and hot over medium high heat, add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and sear until it develops some color, remove to a plate.
2) In the same pot, add the butter, along with all the veggies, season with a pinch of salt, and sutee on medium heat for about 10 minutes, add the flour and stir it in for a few seconds.
3) Add the stock, milk, thyme and chicken in the pot, bring to a boil, reduce the heat down to medium low, cover with a lid and simmer for about 40 minutes.
4) Add the rice, cook uncovered until the rice has fully cooked through, about 25 minutes (check packing instructions) adjust the seasoning to taste and serve!