Cook time25 minutes
- 8 oz of Medium Cut Pasta such as bowties
- 2 Links of Chicken Sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, mined
- 8 oz of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of Dry White Wine such as Pinot Grigio
- Fresh Basil
- 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 5 oz Bag of Baby Spinach, washed and dried
- Plenty of Freshly Grated Parm
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a shallow Dutch oven or large skillet, add just a drizzle of olive oil (less than the Tbsp it calls for) , preheat over medium heat, add the sausage and cook just until it browns, remove to a plate.
3) Add the butter, remaining oil and garlic and sauté for about a minute, add the tomatoes, basil and shallots and sauté those for just about a minute two before adding the wine and reducing by half.
5) Add the cream, (this is the perfect time to add the pasta to the boiling water) season well with salt and plenty of pepper, let it simmer while the pasta cooks. Cook the pasta 2 minutes shy of what the package instructions recommend so you can finish it in the sauce.
6) Using a kitchen spider or slotted spoon, remove the pasta from the boiling water and add it directly into the sauce along with the spinach, chicken sausage and plenty of parm, place a lid on the pot, cook all together for 2 minutes covered, then remove the lid, give everything one more stir and serve!
Report a problem