Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4 cups of Marinara Sauce
- Fresh Basil
- Pinch of SaltFor the Spaghetti and Cream mixture:
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 1 cup of Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella plus a bit more parm
1) Fill a large pot of water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan and set it aside.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil, preheat over medium-high heat, add the ground beef, break it up as much as you can, season with a pinch of salt and cook until mostly cooked through.
3) If your ground beef released a lot of fat, discard it, then add the garlic, cook for a minute, add the marinara sauce along with the basil, partially cover the pan, lower the heat to medium and simmer for about 8 minutes. This is the time to add the spaghetti to the boiling salted water and cook for about 8 minutes. Make sure you reserve some of the cooking water before draining the pasta and putting back in the hot pot.
4) To the hot pasta, add the cream cheese, sour cream, parm, black pepper and a splash of the cooking water, mix together well for a few minutes or until the cream cheese is fully melted and well incorporated, set aside.
5) Add a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of your dish, then add the creamy spaghetti mixture, cover the top with more sauce, followed by the mozzarella and some parm and pop the whole thing in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly. Allow to cool about 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Report a problem