Cook time minutes
- 8 Pieces of Skin-on Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 6 Large Shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- 3 Large Carrots, Peeled and Sliced on a diagonal
- 2 Medium Zucchini, sliced thick on a diagonal or ½ pound of baby Zucchini
- 1 cup of Fresh Shelled Peas or frozen defrosted spinach if you cant find fresh
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp of Lemon Zest
- 10 Large Button Mushrooms, halved
- ½ cup White Wine
- 1 ½ cups of Chicken Stock
1) Preheat a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat, add the oil and let that get nice and hot.
2) Pat dry your chicken and season on both sides with salt and pepper, place it skin side down in the hot oil and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until deeply golden brown, turn them over and cook them for another 7 to 8 minutes or until fully cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. If you want to cook your chicken for less time in the pot, just finish cooking it in a 400 degree oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until fully cooked through.
3) In the same skillet, add the chopped onion, carrots, zucchini, asparagus and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and allow them to cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until they have begun to develop color and gotten tender.
4) Add the butter and sprinkle over the flour over the veggies, give everything a nice stir as it cooks for about 30 seconds.
5) Increase the heat to high and add the white wine, let it cook and reduce for about 1 to 2 minutes.
6) Add the chicken stock and peas and season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow the mixture to cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until it has reduced and the chicken stock has thickened.
7) Turn the heat off and add in the lemon zest, parsley and dill.
To plate, place the braised veggies in a shallow bowl and top with 1 piece of the crispy chicken. Serve immediately!
Report a problem