Cook time minutes
- 2 lbs of Cleaned Calamari, already cut into rings
- 1 cup All Furpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- Lemon Wedges and Marinara Sauce, for serving
1) Preheat your oil in a deep fryer, if you donít have a deep fryer just use a large heavy duty saucepan and fill it 2 inches up with the vegetable oil. Heat the oil to 375 degrees. If you donít have a fryer thermometer use a candy thermometer.
2) In a large zip lock bag, add half cup of flour and season with salt and pepper. Add half of the calamari and shake around to make sure every ring is coated in the seasoned flour.
3) Sift the calamari to get rid of any extra flour and slip the calamari rings in the hot oil and cook for about 3 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy.
4) Take them out and lay them on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
Repeat with the second batch. Serve with marinara sauce and lemon wedges. Serve immediately!
Report a problem