Cook time45 minutes
- 4 Apples, I prefer Honey CrispFor the topping:
- 1 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 cup of Almond Flour (also known as almond meal or ground almonds)
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Almonds
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking pan with some butter and set aside.
2) Slice your apples lengthwise, core them and place them cut side up in your prepared baking pan.
3) In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the topping, spoon the crumble mixture evenly on top of each cut apple.
4) Cover the pan with some aluminum foil, bake them for about 20 minute covered, then remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes or until the top is deeply golden brown.
5) Serve with some vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.