Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes a few dozen
- 3 cups of All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 3/4 cup of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups of Confectioner Sugar
- 3 Egg whites
1) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk for about 1 minute.
2) Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix it all in until its all combined. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for about an hour.
3) Take the dough out of the fridge and allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
4) Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/3 to 1/4 inch thick, cut out any design you like with your cookie cutter(s) and place them a couple inches apart on your lined baking sheet.
5) Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges and allow them to cool completely.
To make the icing:
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the egg whites and beat on medium speed until frothy. Decrease the speed to low and slowly add the sugar. Increase the speed to medium high and whisk for about 2 to 3 minutes or until he icing is smooth, shiny and thick.
2) Place in a piping bag and decorate any kind of cookie.
Report a problem