Cook time40 minutes
ServingsMakes 1 loaf
- 3-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Sugar
- 2 tsp of Instant Yeast
- 1-1/2 cups of Warm Water
- 2 tsp of Salt
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the flour, sugar and yeast, mix quickly to incorporate then add the water and as it begins to mix, add the salt.
2) Knead until it comes together into a dough. The dough should be tacky but not wet and sticky (I always start with 3-1/2 cups of flour then slowly add the rest, you might need to add a touch more) place into a lightly oiled bowl, cover and allow to rest until it's almost tripled in volume.
3) Preheat your oven to 500 degrees. For about 30 minutes, place a large dutch oven in the oven to preheat.
4) Once the dough is ready, lay out a piece of parchment paper on your work surface, lightly flour it, then dump the dough (don't deflate it) pull it together into a thick disc, lightly flour the top then make a slit over the top, carefully using the sides of the parchment, lower the dough into the preheated dutch oven then cover, lower the oven to 450 immediately, bake the bread covered 30 minutes, then remove the lid, bake another 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Report a problem