Cook time40 minutes
ServingsMakes 2 Loaves
- 6 cups of Bread Flour
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp of Instant Yeast
- 3 Tbsp of Sugar
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup of Whole Milk
- 1-1/2 cups of Water
- Butter for Toasting
1) In a large measuring cup or small bowl, add the milk and water and microwave for about 45 seconds or until warm, about 110 degrees. Meanwhile, line two 8x4 inch bread pans with parchment paper, spray with some non-stick spray and sprinkle with some cornmeal, set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the flour, sugar, salt, yeast, baking soda, oil and milk mixture, mix just for a couple minutes or until the dough has absorbed (the dough will be sticky and lumpy but that's what you're looking for) dump the dough on a lightly floured surface, divide it into 2 equal pieces and place each one in the prepared pan.
3) Spray some non-stick spray on some plastic wrap, lightly drape on each loaf, allow it to rise somewhere warm for about an hour and a half or until about doubled in size.
4) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, bake the bread for about 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and hallow sounding when tapped, remove from the pans, place on wire racks and allow to cool completely.
5) When ready to eat, slice and toast in a skillet with a dab of butter, perfection!
Report a problem