Cook time50 minutes
- 2 1-lb Balls of Pizza Dough
- 3 Bunches of Escarole, outer leaves removed, chopped into about 2” pieces and washed well
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup of Kalamata Olives, Pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of Pine Nuts
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 10” metal round pan and set aside.
2) Fill a large pot with water add a generous pinch of salt and bring it to a boil. Add the escarole and cook for 3 minutes, drain and allow to cool pretty much completely.
3) When the escarole is cool enough to handle, squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible, discard the liquid and set aside.
4) In a large skillet with high sides, add the olive oil, garlic, pine nuts and hot pepper flakes, cook until the garlic and pine nuts are lightly browned.
5) Add the black olives and escarole along with a small pinch of salt and pepper, cook for about 2 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
6) Roll one piece of the dough to about a 13” circle and lay it in your prepared pan (totally okay with a little overhangs the sides of the pan) fill it with the escarole and set aside.
7) Roll the second piece to about an 11” circle (you want it big enough to fit perfectly on top with a little extra on the edges) lay it over top of your filling, pinch the edges with the bottom piece (refer to video for instructions) to seal and brush the tops with a little olive oil.
8) Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is a deeply golden brown color.
9) Allow to cool a bit before serving.
Report a problem