Cook time40 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 4 cups of Cherry Tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 8oz Block of Feta
- 3/4 cup of Dry White Wine
- Pinch of Italian Seasoning
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parm
- Fresh Basil
- 1lb of Spaghetti
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees, in a baking dish, toss the tomatoes with one tablespoon of the oil, salt and pepper then place the block of feta in the center of the tomatoes, season with a bit of Italian seasoning and hot pepper flakes, pop in the oven to roast for 30 minutes.
2) Fill a large pot with water, add a light amount of and bring to a boil.
3) In a separate shallow Dutch oven, add the remaining oil (you might need to add a touch more) add the shallots and garlic along with a light pinch of salt, sauté on low until they soften and caramelize, this will take about the same amount of time as the feta will take.
4) Add the wine to the shallot mixture, allow to reduce by half, at this point, add the spaghetti to the boiling water, cook until al dente, while that cooks, add the feta to a blender along with about 3/4 cup of of the starchy cooking water, blend until smooth and set aside.
5) Add the spaghetti to the pan with the shallot mixture, along with the roasted cherry tomatoes (with all the juices collected in the roasting pan) add the feta "cream" mixture to the pasta, along with some parm and fresh basil, remove from the heat and toss well until thoroughly combined and serve right away!
Report a problem