Preparation1 hours 0 minutes
Cook time8 minutes
ServingsServes 4- 6
- 1 cup of Fresh Cilantro
- 3 Scallions
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp of Sugar
- Juice of 1/2 of a Juicy Lime
- 1/4 cup of Light Olive Oil or any light tasting oil
- 1-1/2 lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs
1) In a food processor, add the cilantro, garlic, scallions and jalapenos, pulse a few times to get a rough mixture.
2) Add the cilantro mixture to a large bowl along with the cumin, salt, sugar, lime juice and oil stir together well and set aside.
3) Stab the chicken several times with a fork and and add it to the marinade. Toss everything together to coat well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour or two.
4) Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat (or do this on your outdoor grill) and grill the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fully cooked through.